In a PLASTICOLOR mixing station every individual component including the main material is dosed by a PLASTICOLOR unit.
Standard mixing stations consist of 2 to 8 PLASTICOLOR units. Special mixing stations for more than 8 components can be designed and supplied.
The modular design of the systems facilitates the easy and inexpensive extension of existing mixing stations or conversion from volumetric into gravimetric operation.
Benefits of PLASTICOLOR mixing stations
- High dosing precision by state-of-the-art electronics and mechanics (approx. +/- 0.5% or better)
- Extremely few premixed material residuals during sudden production changes
- No separation
- Extreme mixing rations possible, e. g. 1 : 2,000
- A very good reproducibility
- Recipe storage
- Extensive monitoring functions, e. g. level alarm, monitoring of throughputs, an informative alarm system
- High reliability, even under the toughest conditions
- Field-tested and practicable options for many applications
- Complete listing of all operational data and faults
- Exact recording of all consumption data and production processes
- All standard mixing station components and spares immediately available from stock
of volumetric mixing stations
Two sensors mounted in the neckpiece are simultaniously switching on or off the units participating in the actual recipe.
The PLASTICOLOR mixing station can be operated in “starve feeding” or “full hopper” mode, depending on requirements.
Integrated colour change system available. If the production machine uses fluctuating quantities of material, this affects only the number of cycles, not the mixing ratio.
Function of gravimetric mixing stations
The basic design of a gravimetric mixing station is identical to the one of a volumetric Mixing Station.In addition, each PLASTICOLOR unit is provided with a weigh hopper assembly.
PLASTICOLOR Gravimetric Mixing Stations work according to the “loss-in-weight” principle. The weight of each individual material component is recorded by an integrated electronic load cell. Each component is permanently and simultaneously controlled according to the required portion in % of the total mix. This system is much more accurate than systems in which the single components are dosed one after another and only the total quantity is weighed (= gain-in-weight systems).